|About ASEHA - ASEHA Information|
ASEHA (Allergy, Sensitivity & Environmental Health Association Qld Inc) was a voluntary organisation, formed in 1984 to bring allergy sufferers together to share information, for encouragement and mutual support. Only another allergy sufferer can truly understand the social consequences and the misery of allergy. It was a self-help support group for people with allergy, food intolerance, multiple chemical sensitivity, chronic fatigue syndrome/Fibromyalgia, hyperactivity, attention deficit disorder until June 2013.
Like most support groups ASEHA offered:
- a telephone support network,
- a quarterly newsletter Chemical Cocktail was the newsletter that provided information aimed to assist members to manage their health problems.,
- information for sale
- ASEHA engaged in systems advocacy for necessary changes relevant to the
special needs of those with allergy, food and chemical sensitivity. These are areas of unmet need and there are many issues of access that need to be addressed in policy and service provision;
- took part in public consultations in our area of interest
- responded to government discussion papers
- produced and presented papers at relevant conferences when appropriate
ASEHA was part of a network of Australia wide Allergy Associations and similar organisations overseas,other support groups, environment groups,like minded people.
ASEHA conducted it's research into issues from a variety of credible sources such as peer reviewed journals, Australian and Overseas Government Information and University studies.
ASEHA encouraged people to take responsibility for their own health, to learn as much as they can about their body, their health problems and the substances that trigger their problems. ASEHA provided information to assist people to expand their treatment options, make informed choices and to manage their problems which can often make the difference between being sick or well. Management programs are based on avoidance of offending substances.
Last Updated (Wednesday, 26 June 2013 23:43)